Good weekend. Really, really good weekend.

On Saturday, I woke up to the sound of the little boys in my dorm complex playing and having fun. I'm honestly thankful I'm in the 3rd-5th grade boy dorm because they are so cute! They always have so much fun and they are crazy! I want one....sometime :-)

Soon after waking, I spoke with my parents and grandparents on video chat. I love them! They are so encouraging and affirming. After, I went to have some time with God in the large botanical gardens a few minute's walk away, where hundreds of tourists occupy. It was beautiful, and I got to meet lots of locals and tourists. I forgot how unusual and white I look compared to the locals here. I then headed up to Andrew and Joy's flat to have a homemade British lunch with their family. Joy made toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, and for dessert-chocolate and cream profiteroles! Look at my facebook album for pics.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=68603825&aid=2087949&s=0&hash=2059cd115aa42c1bf519194c6e046694

That night, the school's student council put on a 60's event called "Purple Haze," complete with costumes, performances and tons of food. I bought a bunch of things to support their fundraising. A couple of the songs really reminded me of home- "Need You Know" by Lady Antebellum and "Beer on the Table" by Josh Thompson. The kids' fake American accent is really funny, especially when they're attempting the country twang.

On Sunday, I went to church with Stef and Amy at Tamil Baptist, a church who preaches in the local language, Tamil, and has it translated into English. It was a beautiful Easter service and I was really glad we sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today." The pastor and his wife had us over for a delicious Indian lunch. It was so nice and I was blessed to get to know them!

The parents of the boarding school kids are in town for the biannual parents week where the kids get to show their parents around their school, and temporary "home." Tonight, it's 6:30 pm and I'm heading out to the Chapel for a service at which a bunch of missionary parents are sharing their testimonies and their ministries. I'm so excited to hear from the missionaries!