It's beautiful here! I love my kids, and the teachers. praise him!
This school is much more overtly faith-based than i thought! They have a morning assembly each day, in which there is a devotional. We pray, and the kids pray out loud too. They are very mature kids, especially for 10 year olds. They welcomed me and introduced me in the assembly, and one of the girls prayed for me. It was so powerful and encouraging.
My luggage got lost in Singapore, and I still don't have it. I might get it on Thursday, but there's no guarantee. One of the things I miss, that I packed in my checked luggage, is my American snacks. I'm learning a lot about myself...All of the "stuff" I use, and consume, to get me through each day. The Father is gracious in revealing things to me. Even though i dont have the familiarity of the food I packed, my stomach is doing OK with the spicy food. I like it so far.

I observed my class today for the first time! It turns out that Standard 6 is equivalent to 5th Grade, which is my favorite age! It was a total surprise to get 10 and 11 year olds! I love lvoe love love them already. i have 22 kids from all over the world. Most speak 2 or 3 languages. It's amazing! One of them lived in Calcutta for 10 years, so i want to talk with her about that city soon. And the American kids in my class feel really excited about me being there. There are only 2 of us, on staff, from America, so they told me I'm a piece of "home" for them. It's awesome!

I got to play the piano for a bunch of them during our hour-and-fifteen minute lunch break (really long break!). I played a few faith based songs from the piano books the school owns. Connecting with them through song, while they sang along with me, was so good for my soul. I'm falling in love with these kids so much and its only my first day with them! It was so fun!