The trip is getting closer, and I'm feeling so much regarding it. Each day I feel different toward it- Sometimes scared, unprepared, or too tired to go, and sometimes happy, excited, and deeply thankful to have the opportunity and support.

Am I ready?

Fear creeps in often. I'm scared of traveling alone, with no one who is familiar to me. I'm scared of finding my way through international airports, and catching planes on time (I'm directionally challenged). I have a weak immune system, I realize, as I sit here, taking a sick day, sick with an infection I caught from my students. Will I get sick in India, I wonder? I'm exhausted. I don't know if I have the strength to do this. But I do know that God in me does.

I am going to send in my passport for my VISA today. I finally got all the things together in order to send it. I've been to the doctors for some much needed sleep medication. There's a lot of anxiety rising up in me because of student teaching, preparing to leave for India and keeping up with the dozens of other commitments I have in my life right now.

Dr. Marla Campbell, my favorite teacher from Biola, met with me and treated me for coffee. She imparted some wisdom about going overseas and teaching there. It was so great for me to process my thoughts and worries with her. God is going with me on quite an adventure, she reminded me. This is an opportunity of a lifetime that will probably go by so quickly. I am going to learn things and go through experiences I could never have gone through here. Thank the Lord, I'm excited about that!

I'm going to miss someone really special to me. My best friend, my boyfriend. He brings me to truth, points me toward God and loves me unconditionally. I'm thankful I have a Father who will show me those things especially while I'm away from everyone familiar to me. My best friend, Ruthie will also be truly missed. She meets me right where I'm at, speaks wisdom to me and comforts me in the toughest times. I'll be feeling the lack of these two loved ones. I pray that while I'm gone they will find in God a source of true joy, a refuge in times of trouble and worry.

What am I excited about? Adventure. Teaching. Meeting children from all over the world. Interacting with a British staff, and discovering ways that we relate. Making friends with fellow teachers. Spreading God's love to people in the ways He allows me to. I feel peace about it all, God is bringing me on this trip!